About The Links, Inc.
The Links, Incorporated is a public service, non-partisan, volunteer organization started in 1946, in the wake of World War II by two Philadelphia matrons Margaret Roselle Hawkins and Sarah Strickland Scott who envisioned a service-oriented organization that would have a twofold purpose undefined to promote civic, educational, and cultural concerns and to lead Black women into postwar America.
Today The Links, Incorporated has a membership of nearly 12,000 women of African descent in 274 Chapters located in 42 states that will impact the quality of life for humankind through community service.
The Boston Chapter of The Links, Inc. is an affiliate of The Links, Incorporated and was established in 1951 and chartered in 1952. With 77 active and alumni members, The Boston Chapter contributes close to 3000 hours of community service annually. The organization has a long history of working in economically disenfranchised communities in Boston with a focus on ensuring the economic survival of individuals in those communities. The goal is to provide transformational and impactful programming to help strengthen African American communities and enhance the nation.